Here’s a sad statistic for you…
Apparently, according to studies, 70% of people that work for an employer are stuck in the same boat:
They all want to escape the “rat race”!
You may be wanting to do the same — Or you may have other reasons for wishing to work from home:
- Perhaps you’re a parent seeking a job with zero commuting and a flexible schedule so you can spend more time with your children while they are young.
- You might be a retiree wanting to stay professionally active and earn additional income.
- Or a military spouse who needs the flexibility to work from anywhere.
- You may have a disability that makes it difficult to work in, or travel to, another work environment away from home.
- Or maybe you’re a student who is looking for a means to pay your way through college or university.
- It could be that you are one of the 30% that actually enjoy your job and are just looking for supplemental income 🙂
For me it was combination of things, but basically it boiled down to a quest for. . .
- The freedom to continue to stay in my rural home rather than have to move close to a town with available jobs.
- The freedom to choose my own hours so I can home school my kids.
- The simple freedom of just being able to take advantage of a nice day and go out and enjoy the sunshine.
- And last, but certainly not least, the prospect of financial freedom. . . my income is not tied to how much I can earn per hour and to how many hours in a day I am physically capable of working.
Whatever your reason. . . Let me just say this:
If you are looking for a “get rich quick” scheme or hope to be the next “internet-guru-becomes-millionaire-while-sitting-around-in-his-underwear-being-lazy” success story. . . you are very probably going to be sorely disappointed.
On the other hand — If you are willing to treat your online venture as a real business and put the required time and hard work into it you stand a reasonable chance of making a good living and creating a rewarding lifestyle for yourself.
The internet continues to open up new avenues for entrepreneurs – but it needs to be viewed as a long term endeavor that requires your dedication, perseverance, and whole lot of “digital digging in the trenches”.
“Nothing will work unless you do” – Maya Angelou
So, with that said. . . Here are a dozen (or more) internet-based business and work ideas to inspire you. . .
To read another chapter online choose from the list below…
To Download a PDF Version of “A Dozen Ways to Freedom”…