Essential Resources & Courses
for Internet Entrepreneurs
Guides & Courses
For this section I have pulled together courses, guides and memberships from some of my favourite marketers. Many are free, most are very reasonably priced ($7-$47), and a few are a bit more expensive – I’m sure you’ll find something that will suit your budget and your learning style.
Dennis Becker has written many excellent, and very reasonably priced, ebooks in the Make Money Online niche, several of which I have purchased and found to be excellent.
He also runs a popular membership site, the Earn1KaDay Insiders Club, where members share tips, tactics, success strategies, and disseminate cutting edge information about 12 different business models.
Here are some of Dennis Becker’s most popular offerings:
Earn1KaDay Insiders Club:
Free Reports, eBooks & tools:
5 Bucks a Day Series:
- 5 Bucks a Day – This is how Earn1KADay was born. Learn the techniques that, inspired by a 5
dollar bill, took his Internet marketing income from $30 a day to $700 a day in less than a year.
- 5 Bucks a Day Revisited – with audios- Dennis’s brand new book, not just an update. This book explains the basic 5BAD strategy for those that haven’t read the original book, but mainly discusses all the marketing lessons he’s learned in the 5 years since writing 5 Bucks a Day. Also included now are the personally narrated audios
- 5 Bucks a Day System – The 5 Bucks a Day System expands the original 5 bucks a Day eBook, by adding videos (2 webinars), a focus tool (Action Enforcer), and a newly created video from Rachel Rofe, titled the Productivity Video.
Other eBooks from Dennis:
- 10 Challenges -These 10 simple 1-day challenges can double, triple, or even quadruple your subscribers, readers, and even your income
- Bootstrap Marketing – 5 simple methods help you pull yourself up by the bootstraps to earn a full-time income in 6 months
- Honk! Honk! Web Traffic Guide – why it’s not working and what you need to do to fix it to get as much traffic as you can handle. And not just any traffic… highly targeted traffic full of brand evangelists who will delight in sending you even more traffic.
- One Problem Product Creation – a guide that’s going to take you from point A to point B with no sweat or tears– it’s going to be fun! Best of all, it’s going to be profitable.
Mark Ling’s AffiloBlueprint, said by many to be the best affiliate training available, is exactly what it says it is – a blueprint.
It tells you what you need to do, step-by-step guide to creating an affiliate website by scratch. It contains 12 modules. Each module includes over-the-shoulder videos, PDF notes and homework to complete. At the end of the course, you’ll have a finished website – and, just as importantly, traffic too!
This is great for new affiliates, who still don’t understand all of the steps involved, and need a blueprint to follow.
You also get the opportunity to talk with support staff as much as you like… They can give you one-on-one training, help and answers.
- Also another excellent offer from Mark Ling, Affilorama is a great FREE way to check out the quality of his training. Affilorama includes:
100+ video lessons full of insider tips for making money as an affiliate:
- How affiliate marketing works
- How to get started as an affiliate
- How to take your earnings to the next level
9 essential tools especially designed to help you squeeze more money out of your site.
- Increase visitors
- Spot new opportunities
- Fix stupid mistakes before they hurt your profits
Get advice from other affiliates who are already making money online
- Which products to promote
- The best strategies to follow
- Supportive & encouraging forum — No question is too “dumb”!
Newbie Quick Start is a series of Free how-to videos by Ken McArthur that will give you “Everything you need to get started quickly earning cash with blogs, affiliate programs & info products.”
Getting a domain and a hosting account, setting up a website or WordPress blog, RSS feeds, and much more.
A very comprehensive Free Blueprint from Steve Scott entitled “How to Build an Authority Internet Business [A Case Study]” covers some of what has been discussed in this book, plus much more —
Generating an income from Kindle books; Building a high traffic blog with loyal readers; Leveraging social media sites like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook; Diversifying income through affiliate marketing, information products and advertising; and Testing new platforms like mobile apps and Udemy.
Jo Barnes is a lovely English lady who travels the world with her family while she works from her laptop.
Jo offers the Online Marketing Academy – an 8 week course that will arm you with the knowledge to easily build a 5 to 6-figure-a-month business. But it doesn’t end there. . . you will be part of a community where ideas are exchanged, strategies discussed, and questions get answered.
You also get access to the “Social Media Vault” and 12 months of marketing academy training updates delivered as weekly webinars where you can ask her questions directly.
Jo offers a 21 day trial for $1.
Chris Farrell has an extremely popular membership site for beginners and an almost cult-like following of students. You can take a look at the paid “Chris Farrell Membership” here.
He also offers an excellent free newsletter called the Success Grenade which you can sign up for on the front page of his site. Check out the first issue here to get an idea of what you would receive.
Have a look around the site. . . he has lots of free videos to get you started.
Nate Rivers offers in-depth training on his successful and unique business model over at StrayBloggerTraining.
He explains his “Sure-Fire Formula in 4 Steps” on the sales page – so take a look even if you don’t want to invest any money in getting the full in-depth training.
(I have invested in other products from Nate and was very pleased with my purchases.)
Internet Business Mastery Academy by Jeremy “Sterling” Frandsen and Jason “Jay” Van Orden — described as: The Most Complete Internet Business Training
“The new Academy is the culmination of eight years of training over 5000 entrepreneurs. This is the most complete, step-by-step training that you will find anywhere.. We’ve been teaching new internet entrepreneurs longer than anyone we know. We can’t wait for you to dive in to create your own Freedom Business.”
Sign up for Jeremy & Jason’s free video, 3 Secrets to your Internet Success. . . Stay on their list, like I did, and you will receive their weekly tips newsletter. You’ll also be notified whenever they post one of their very informative, and enjoyable, Internet Business Mastery Podcasts.
Niche Profit Classroom 4.0 by Adam Short – This popular course covers researching a niche, how to structure your website, bring traffic to your site, and much more.
In addition to the video tutorials and email follow-up course, you are provided with a ton of special bonuses including a software suite, “Done for You” tools & resources, and personal coaching & support.
Adam offers a 14 day trial membership for just $1.
But you don’t have to join Adam’s membership to learn his easy system for making money. . . Adam reveals all the details in an excellent series of 5 free videos.
- Namecheap – The only place I now buy my domain names from.
I use WiredTree and am extremely happy with them. However, they only offer VPS (Virtual Private Servers) or Dedicated Servers. Most beginners who only intend on putting up one or two websites will find a Shared Hosting plan more appropriate to their needs.
Since I personally have no experience with shared hosting plans, I decided to do some research and came up with the following hosting companies which all have lots of excellent reviews from their customers.
- DreamHost. . . Winners of PCMag’s Business Choice Award for best web hosting service.
- LiquidWeb. . . The also offer cloud hosting through Storm on Demand.
- WebHostingBuzz . . . Choose your location from US/International or UK/Europe
- Bravenet & Wix both offer hosting with website builders if you don’t wish to install your own website platform.
Note: When choosing a host, something to consider is where their servers are located. . .
For example: If your primary audience is in the UK you might want a hosting company with servers located in data centres based in the UK or Europe as your website would be considerably faster to load for local readers.
The most popular, and easiest to use, services for your email and list-building needs are offered by the following two companies. Both companies offer very similar functionality and good compatibility with other software programs and plug-ins you might choose to use for your business.
Personally, I chose to use GetResponse as they offered a starting plan with twice as many subscribers for a slightly lower cost.
Self-Hosted Website & Blog Platforms:
Listed below are the three most commonly used Open-Source (Free) CMS (content management systems) for self-hosted websites. WordPress is the most popular for beginners and experienced marketers alike, and is equally suitable for use as a website or blog platform.
Hosted Website & Blog Platforms:
You don’t need to invest in a hosting account, or even a domain name, for the free hosted blog platforms below. These are great for testing purposes before going ahead and committing to an idea or niche; as additional places to grow your audience (and often easier to rank in the search engines than a brand new website); or to get a feel for what’s involved in putting a website or blog together – I wouldn’t recommend using them as your primary website.
- Blogger. . . from Google.
- WordPress.com . . . The hosted version of the WordPress mentioned above.
- The Freebie Lovers’ Guide has a full chapter on free tools for creating websites, both hosted and self-hosted, and costs less than $10. You’ll find more details at the end of this chapter.
Themes for WordPress:
- ThemeForest is a favourite theme resource of mine – they offer a huge selection of premium themes for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and HTML.
InkThemes – Another favourite for WordPress themes – I have purchased several themes from here.
You can become a member or buy themes individually.
Take a look at their One Click Installation WordPress Themes
OptimizePress is a very popular WordPress theme with Internet Marketers as it has built-in options for you to add sales pages, landing pages and membership portals to your website or blog.
Note: The newest version of Optimize Press may be a little complicated for newbies with minimal technical skills, judging by discussion and reviews –
Novices might be better advised to choose a more basic WordPress theme and add free plug-ins to provide the functionality you are looking for.
Market Samurai is the research tool I use for keyword and competition research, domain research and more. They have an excellent training course on how to carry out your research using Market Samurai.
You can download a FREE 30 day trial.
The full version is normally $149 but you can save over $50 and get it for just $97 through my affiliate link. (it will say $149 on the page but when you click the buy button you will see it’s just $97 in Paypal)
There are also many free tools you can use for research, for example you can sign up for a Google Adwords account and use the tool they provide for keyword research.
- The Freebie Lovers’ Guide has a full chapter on free research tools and costs less than $10. You’ll find more details at the end of this chapter.
Productivity & Mindset:
Simpleology by Mark Joyner is an excellent course on productivity plus all the tools you will need.
“Simplifying your complicated life. . . Get it Done. Faster.
All your “stuff to do” in one place – end each day on a high note.”
Click the products link at the top of the page to see what’s included in the free version.
Yaro Starak offers an eGuide called Master Your Mindset for $49 in which he reveals his 3 core mindset principles and how he gets twice as much done in half the time.
“Do these handful of things right and you can ignore everything else!”
And here are a couple of resources from “Yours Truly”…
Free Internet Marketing Tools & Resources:
This is a product I put together after discovering that most of the tools and resources I was paying for could be substituted with free equivalents, resulting in a massive cost saving for me.
I decided it was too good to keep to myself and turned my research into a product that would also help others to save money, especially when first starting out.
The Freebie Lover’s Guide contains details of 388 free tools & resources for less than $10.
To read another chapter online choose from the list below…
To Download a PDF Version of “A Dozen Ways to Freedom”…